Welcome prospective family! We are excited that you are considering CCS. We have a solid academic program and a lovely community of families. Below you will find all the info you need to get the admissions process started. Call 757-262-0062 if you have questions.
2017-2018 Tuition Schedule
Admission Form – Additional Child – Please use this form if enrolling more than one child.
Paperwork and Fees
- Complete and return the student application to the school office with the registration fee ($100 for all grades; $150 cap per family) All fees are non-refundable unless CCS is not able to provide space for the child.
- The student’s birth certificate, current immunization record, and a recent family picture are turned in with the application.
- All prior school/scholastic records are required before the family interview. If the child is tranferring from another school, recommendation forms from the student’s current teacher and the school principal are required.
- Students applying for grades 1-7 will be tested for academic placement. This is completed before the family interview.
After the paperwork and testing are complete, the office will schedule a family interview with the principal. Both parents and students attend. The purpose is to determine compatibility between the family’s educational goals for their child and the school’s program. Topics for discussion include the classical Christian approach to instruction, transitioning into CCS, parent expectations, and grade placement. Parents are required to read the brown pamphlet found in the blue CCS Info Folder before the family interview: Discover Classical Christian Education: The Essential Guide for Parents.
Request a CCS Info Folder
Typically, within two weeks after the family interview, parents will be notified of their child’s admissions status.
Minimum Ages for Enrollment
- To begin K4, a child must be 4 years old on or before September 30.
- To begin Kindergarten, a child must be 5 years old on or before September 30.
- To begin first grade, a child must be 6 years old on or before September 30.
- Exceptions to this policy may be requested by a child’s parents; each request will be considered by the Principal.